Choosing the right school: It’s all about fit
The key to a successful day or boarding school experience is “fit.” In other words, finding a school that matches your student academically, emotionally and socially. Our student-centred approach informs students and families about the range of available private and independent options and guides you to appropriate choices. We also help your family negotiate the admissions process.
School Admissions Counselling
We work with your family to identify schools where your child will be able to participate in activities for which they have passion AND also to take on leadership roles. The following are some of the ways we help:
• Identify educational needs and goals
• Review educational background, transcripts, test scores and planning
• Discuss student’s abilities and interests
• Identify relevant factors, to both student and family, in choosing a school
• Explain the application process
• Propose appropriate educational options
• Program campus tour and open house visits
• Provide guidelines for campus visit, application and interview processes
• Essay topic brainstorming and review
• Prepare students for interviews
VerveSmith can arrange individual tutoring in all academic subject areas as well as standardized test preparation.